Every company is going to be a software company, but while a century passed between the first and second industrial revolutions, the way software is built and maintained changes much faster. The landscape for developer tools, infrastructure software, and security is ever-changing.
I’ve got the privilege of meeting many founders building in these categories over the years, learning a lot along the way. My goal with this Substack is to share some of those learnings, as well as highlighting startups trying to solve them.
Given the topics, most of the content will be technical in nature, with some more high-level commentary. You will probably find it interesting if you are:
- A software engineer or technologist who is interested in learning about new tools to build with.
- A founder / CTO who wants to learn more about how other companies are making their engineers more productive, and infrastructures more robust.
- An investor trying to learn more about the market.
- EVC #1 featuring Pavel Tiunov of Cube Dev
- EVC #2 featuring Matt Caulfield of Oort
- EVC #3 featuring Rick Lamers of Orchest
- EVC #4 featuring Brian Anderson of Nacelle
- EVC #5 featuring myself (scheduling mistake!)
- EVC #6 featuring Jai Pradeesh from DeepSource
- EVC #7 featuring Keith Horwood from Autocode
- EVC #8 featuring Connor Hicks from Suborbital